This is primarily a trade facilitation measure that recognises reliable operators and encourages best practice in the international supply chain. As an AEO, you could benefit from:
- recognition worldwide as safe, secure and compliant business partners in international trade
- lower risk scores in risk analysis systems when profiling
- priority treatment if physical controls are conducted
- mutual recognition of AEO programmes under Joint Customs Cooperation Agreements which could result in faster movement of goods through third country borders
- easier access to simplified procedures
- reduction or waiver of comprehensive guarantees.